To learn more or request a demo, feel free to contact us.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, birthday, and e-mail address when you register for our Service, sign up for our mailing list or waitlist or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Company and any other information you provide to Company.
Once you have registered a user account, our Service permits you to voluntarily provide additional information about yourself, including job title, job description, profile photo, hobbies, interests, goals, and other personal attributes that you select to represent you. We call these personal attributes “Quality Tags” and they will help match you to other mentors and users in your organization on the Service. You control how much you share with others through the Quality Tag designations, and you may change or delete your Quality Tags at any time through your settings.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. We collect information about how you use the Service, your actions on the Service, and content you post to the Service, including the groups you belong to, your interaction with your friends, mentors and others on the Service, and photos and videos you post to the Service, and any content you provide through in-app messages, chat, or other functionality (“User Content”). To share photos and video, we will access your device camera roll and camera with your permission. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device. Please remember that Company may, but has no obligation to, monitor, record, and store User Content in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. By using the Service, you consent to the recording, storage, and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
- Information we receive from third party sites you connect to our Service. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may obtain information when you login through a third party social network or authentication services, such as Slack, LinkedIn, Facebook, Microsoft Teams, or Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. Similarly, when you interact with us through a social media site or third-party service, such as when you like, follow or share Company content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties, including without limitation profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and contact list. If you permit it to do so, the third party social network may share your contact’ list or address book with us, use this information to let you know what your contacts are doing on our Service and to let your contacts know what you are doing on the Service. We may use this data to help us identify potential mentor or networking matches on the Service and to suggest new matches you may want to connect with. The data we receive from these third party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Address Book Information. With your permission, Company may access your contact list available on your Slack workplace, Microsoft Teams, mobile device, your email accounts, your Google account, or other third party social network accounts, so that you can locate your contacts on the Service and invite your contacts to connect with our Service. When we send the invitation to your contacts to join the Service, we will include your name and photo to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf, which may also include your name and photo. We will store these contacts for purposes of alerting you when your contact or friend joins Company at a later time so that you may connect with them on the Service, and suggest friends and connections to other members of Company. Company may also use the information collected from your contact list and your contacts’ contact lists to suggest new friends you may want to connect with on the Service. We make these recommendations based on your address book information as well as your contacts’ address book information and try to find common friendships or connections to introduce you to.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties, such as from third party social networks including without limitation, LinkedIn and Facebook, and other users. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available, including information about you and your job, job title, location, and other information.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you emails messages and push notifications, and permit you to communicate with others on the Service or on social media or invite others to join the Service. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Control Over Your Information” below.
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information and similar technology (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices and other actions you take on the Service. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) recognize and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
Remember, our Service allows you to connect and interact with others in your organization. Your profile information, including your name, photo, and other personal information, will be available to other members of the Service within your organization by default when you create a profile, interact with others on the Service in public groups, and post content to public spaces.
We may share your personal information with:
- Individuals with whom you match on the Service or other users of the Service. Your matches and other users will see your profile information, including your name, job title, location, and other information, as well as your Quality Tags.
- The public and other members of the Service if you opt into to public profiles. Your profile information and content you post to public areas of the Service, including public groups, will be viewable by others on the Service and the public. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions in your user and personal Settings (see “Control Over Your Information” below). By default no profiles are publicly visible outside of your organization;
- Other users of the Service. We share your information with third parties with whom you communicate on the Service. You control who you want to communicate with and what information you share;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on the Company’s Service with your friends through email, text or on various social media sites;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- The public when you provide feedback or user content on our site. For example, if you post user content on our blog or comment on our social media profiles, such as LinkedIn and Facebook, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our website or on our social media pages;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or a third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Company, our visitors, or others.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
- CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Profile and Data Sharing Settings. You may update your profile information, such as your user name and profile photo, and may change some of your data sharing preferences by going to the “Edit Profile” button or “Settings” page.
Access to your Information. You may control the app’s access to services you grant permission to, such as Slack and Microsoft teams, through settings within these applications. For instance, you can withdraw permission access by revoking API tokens, at which point we will no longer be granted access.
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
- THIRD PARTY TRACKING
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect, information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps or services, including on Facebook. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site and other information. We, or our third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you use our Service. We may also work with third-party partners who employ tracking technologies, or the application of statistical modeling tools, to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third-party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this information to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at //www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices, and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting //youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser or mobile device, login to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at //google.com/ads/preferences or by visiting NAI’s online resources at //www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. If you believe you have discovered a potential vulnerability in our service, please refer to our responsible disclosure guidelines for instructions on how to proceed.
All data in transit and at rest is stored in AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure in US1 region. All servers processing personal data posses EBS volume encryption and communicate over SSL with TLS 1.2+ connection. Database backups are taken nightly, and permanently deleted after 7 days. Application logs are stored on host (encrypted EBS volumes) and deleted after 7 days. All communication with external services (such as Slack and Teams APIs are over SSL).
Upon request, company data will be deleted from our database within 48 hours, and permanently purged from our encrypted S3 backups within 7 days.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Company does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.
- HOW TO CONTACT US